Pages

.

Graham Cracker Candy {Week 5 of The 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats!}

Hi there.

Here's to Week 5 of The 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats, hosted by Brenda at Meal Planning Magic. I missed last week because I thought I had until the end of the day Saturday, but when I came to link up that evening, the linky was closed :( 

So I just pushed this post back to week 5. 

I had some graham crackers to use up after making that S'mores Fudge a couple weeks ago. So this recipe made perfect sense to make. 

I didn't use almonds, but pecans instead cuz that's what I had on hand. I only used half a cup because didn't wanna go into nut overload. I also didn't slice them... I chopped them up in the food processor. Next time I would just slice them though so they are more visible in the photo!


Graham Cracker Candy
slightly adapted from Korean American Mommy
  • 1 Cup Salted Butter plus 3 additional tablespoons of butter
  • 1 Cup Brown Sugar 
  • 1/2 Cup Sliced Pecans 
  • Graham Crackers
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil so that it hangs over the edges of the pan and spray with nonstick baking spray. Arrange graham crackers to fit the entire baking sheet.

In a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium-high heat and add the brown sugar. Stir and bring to a boil. Continue stirring until the sugar dissolves and the consistency turns into caramel.

Lower the heat to medium-low, stir in sliced pecans, and cook for a minute stirring constantly. Turn off heat and evenly spread the mixture onto the graham crackers. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart.

Store in an air tight container.



This stuff is so good. Kinda reminds me of some crack that I love, minus the saltiness from the Saltines. I did manage to take some over to my brother. But I ate all of the rest.

All of it.




Linking up here.

Peace, and bacon grease!


No comments:

Post a Comment