Pages

.

December's Secret Recipe Club - Peanut Butter Cookies w/ Peanut Butter Buttercream

Hey yall!

I'm back for another edition of The Secret Recipe Club. Why haven't you joined yet?

For December, I was assigned Katie's delightful blog, Betcha Can't Eat Just One. Man I need to get more on my baking grind like Katie!

























Several recipes were calling my name, but when I saw her Peanut Butter Buttercream, I knew it was the one. PJ and I had recently ordered a dozen cupcakes and a few of them had this delicious peanut butter buttercream, so I had to try my hand at it. I decided to make her homemade Peanut Butter Cookies too (minus the bacon) to go along with the buttercream, since I'm not too big on brownies. Genius, I know. And the cookies are supposedly gluten-free so, win-win.


















Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanut Butter Buttercream
adapted from Betcha Can't Eat Just One

Peanut Butter Cookies
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat the peanut butter and sugars together for about 2 minutes.  Add the egg and the baking soda.  Mix two minutes more.


Roll into walnut size balls, roll in sugar and flatten with a fork.

Bake 10-12 minutes. 

Let cool 5 minutes on the pan and then transfer to wire racks.

Peanut Butter Buttercream 
  • 1/2 cup of softened, unsalted butter,
  • 1/2 cup of peanut butter, 
  • about 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tbsp heavy cream. 
Beat the butter and peanut butter until it’s well combined.  Add the sugar, pinch of salt, then drizzle in some heavy cream and mix until everything is light and fluffy. Spread buttercream over cookies or make sandwich cookies. 

Printable Recipe



Make a cookie samich!

And don't forget to check out all of the other delectable recipes in the blog hop below:





Peace, and bacon grease!


No comments:

Post a Comment