Pages

.

Loaded Baked Potato Dip





















It was a good month in the food world, because it was POTATO LOVERS MONTH! I really wanted to test and post more potato recipes throughout the month, but that didn't happen. And I wanted to post this dip recipe sometime in February, but then before I knew it it was the end of February. So I decided I would just post this recipe on the last day of February. Only, I was busy yesterday and only got around to posting my menu plan, and got to finish editing pics for my banana bread post. By the time I was finished with both of those posts (it takes alot of time and effort, peeps!) I knew I wanted to watch the Bachelor and wasn't gonna even try to commit to posting this potato recipe. So sometime in February turned into the last day of February which then turned into just posting this on the 1st day of March but publishing the post on February 28th. Gotta love Blogger for letting me schedule a post time, even if it is in the past :)

So let's pretend it is still February. Let's pretend it is yesterday, k? Fine by you guys? Good!

I wanted to share this tasty potato recipe with all of you in honor of POTATO LOVERS MONTH. It actually doesn't have any kind of potato in it, so technically it isn't really a potato dip. The name kinda implies that there would be some kind of potato in the actual recipe. But no. This recipe is called Loaded Baked Potato Dip because it is a combination of all delish ingredients you would use to top your baked potato. Cheese, check. Bacon, check. Sour cream, check. Chives, check.

It can be a dip. It can be a topping. Or it can be eaten straight from the spoon if you want! It is fit for any potato lover, that's for sure. This would work great as a dip at any party, or to top your side items at dinner time. However you decide to eat it, I'm sure you will be eating it with a smile.  

 


















We were planning on making this dip for the Super Bowl, but didn't get around to it. So it ended up on our menu plan and we cooked up some Alexia waffle fries and served them with this dip. Oh my word. Deliciousness! The only thing I would change would be to add more bacon (SHOCKER, right?!). You guys know I am the bacon queen. So of course I would want more bacon. There just wasn't enough bacon for me (there never is). Next time I make it (and there will be a next time) I will definitely up the bacon count  : ) Maybe to a half pound? The recipe below reflects my bacon modification.


I'd bet that we didn't let this chill for at least an hour. Around these parts, food gets eaten quickly. No time for chilling, unless absolutely necessary! But if you have more patience than us, do let it chill first. We also used green onions because that's what we had at the time, and Peej had been on a green onion kick. But chives have more of a loaded potato feel. But use whichever you like.





















Loaded Baked Potato Dip
slightly adapted from Baked Bree 
  • 1/2 pound thick-sliced center cut Oscar Mayer bacon
  • 1 (16-oz) container of sour cream
  • 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you like)
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
  • 2 teaspoons hot sauce
  • Waffle fries or potato chips
Cook bacon in a skillet. Drain fat, and crumble when finished cooking. Set aside a couple pieces for garnish. Also set aside a bit of the chopped chives for garnish.

Put the remaining ingredients in a large bowl or container and mix well. Let chill for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.

Garnish with the reserved bacon and chives. Serve with waffle fries or potato chips.




















This makes plenty. Too much for the two of us to eat. We had some for leftovers/lunch the next few days. This is a good amount for a crowd or if you are having a small party or going to a potluck. 

Peace, and bacon grease!



No comments:

Post a Comment