Pages

.

Homemade Raspberry Sauce

Some people like chocolate sauce on their ice cream. My son for instance likes to gild the lily and put chocolate sauce on every ice cream flavour, including chocolate. That's fine, Santa stocked him up with enough chocolate sauce to last him at least til summer.

But me, I like fruit more than chocolate. And I know I'm not alone. I see you out there, dreaming of lemons and limes and berries while the snow piles up on the windowsill. (Hopefully just the outside sill.)

There's not a lot of fruit in Canada in the winter, but there is plenty in my deep-freeze, just waiting to be used. And a bright pink tangy-tart raspberry sauce is just the thing to satisfy my fruity sweet-tooth.

Easy-peasy raspberry sauce that you can make at home. Try it on ice cream or stirred into plain yogurt. Delicious!

Homemade Raspberry Sauce
adapted from Apples for Jam, Tessa Kiros
for I♥CookingClubs In the Pink!

2½ Tbsp sugar
Juice of 1 lime
½ cup water
2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries

Heat up sugar, lime juice, and water in a small/medium pot. Let cook a few minutes (5-10) until reduced by half. Add in raspberries and cook another 2 minutes or so, until they are broken down somewhat in the sauce and heated through.
Whiz the sauce up in the blender until smooth and then strain in a fine mesh strainer to get the seeds out.
Serve on ice cream or yogurt.


IHCC Tessa Kiros ButtonIHCC

No comments:

Post a Comment