Pages

.

February's Secret Recipe Club - Southwestern Deviled Eggs

Hey there! I've missed you.

We skipped January, but we're back this month for The Secret Recipe Club. And boy am I glad... I was having minor withdrawals. I'm so excited to spread the news... I had the wonderful blog The Freshman Cook, which meant I had tons of recipes to choose from! So many that I'll eventually make anyways I'm sure, like S'mores Rice Krispie Treats, Pecan Bars, and a Mashed Potato Bowl like KFC's. I'll take em all, please! But I finally settled on a side item... these delicious Southwestern Deviled Eggs.




Cuz I love deviled eggs.


I liked the flavors in these. I used two green onions instead of one because there can almost never be too many. We also left out the paprika and avocado. Avocado would be extra nice, next time I think I'll try that.


Southwestern Deviled Eggs
adapted from The Freshman Cook
  • 6 eggs
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1/2 tsp ground mustard
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 2 chopped green onions
  • fresh cilantro
Place 6 eggs in a pot of cold water and place on the stove. Bring to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes. Put the pot under cold running water to cool the eggs and stop them from cooking.

Peel each egg, and then cut them in half lengthwise.

Put the yolks in a medium bowl, and put the whites to the side. Smash the yolks with a fork. Add the mayo, spices, and green onion. Mix together. Stuff the filling into each egg. Garnish each egg with cilantro.



Printable Recipe


I really enjoyed stalking Teri's blog for the past month or so. So many fantastic recipes to get lost in. And we found a keeper for sure!



Linking up here.

Peace, and bacon grease!

No comments:

Post a Comment