Pages

.

Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark

Challenge time!

For this month's Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge (hosted by Sheryl at Lady Behind the Curtain) we had to make something with CARAMEL and PRETZELS!




























So many options. I LOVE caramel. Tons of sweet and salty recipes were calling my name. A salted caramel pretzel bark that I've seen floating around pinterest won me over though.

It reminded me a lot of my Saltine Toffee cuz of the saltiness but using pretzels instead of saltine crackers, and also like my Chocolate Almond Pretzel Toffee minus the nuts. 


























So obviously, it was just as delicious as those! 

I used a large rectangle baking sheet, so it took a lot of mini rounded pretzel twists to cover the whole thing. I ended up doubling the caramel mixture because it just wasn't enough to cover all the pretzels, plus let's be honest here, too much caramel? Is that even a thing?
  



















Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
adapted from Mama Say What?!
  • mini round pretzel twists
  • 4 sticks butter *remember that I doubled the caramel sauce to fully cover my large pan lined with pretzels
  • 2 cups brown sugar  *remember that I doubled the caramel sauce to fully cover my large pan lined with pretzels
  • 1-2 cups chocolate chips
  • sea salt 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and lay a single layer of pretzels covering the whole pan. 

In a large saucepan, melt the butter and the brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Let it boil gently just until it starts to form a nice smooth caramel, letting it bubble a little to get thick. 

Remove from heat and pour evenly over the layer of pretzels. Put in oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. 

Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with the chocolate chips. The hot caramel sauce will melt the chocolate, then spread evenly with an offset spatula. Sprinkle generously with sea salt.

Let cool on the counter top for a bit and then put in the freezer for at least two to three hours. Break into pieces to serve. 


    Printable Recipe


    Love challenges as much as I do? Well hop on over and sign up for next month's challenge where we'll be using Coconut and Lime!

    Linking up here

    Peace, and bacon grease!



     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment