Pages

.

Easy Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon

Sometimes you just want dinner to make itself. While you do something important, like the mailman.

Just kidding. I'm way too refined to do the mailman. It's courier or nothing now.  
Kidding!

The truth is I am far too complacent to have an affair. After all, I am getting older now and the thought of training a new man is exhausting. Also is the fact that my feminine wiles have up and left at some point, leaving me wile-less and unable to snare much of anything if I tried. Besides, I like the man I have. He likes my cooking. I think I'll keep him.

But back to my first point - that I am lazy. Some days more than others. That's where the slow cooker comes in handy. It makes dinner for me. I still look like a hero for presenting a great meal, and I get in some quality TV reading time in.

Slow cooker boeuf bourguignon, it's what's for dinner.

Easy Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon 
for the 3½-4 quart slow cooker
adapted from BHG Biggest Book of Slow Cooker Recipes

1 lb stew beef, cut into ¾ inch chunks
4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
3 cups cremini mushrooms, whole, halved or quartered, depending on size
4 medium carrots, sliced
2 cups frozen pearl onions
3 Tbsp potato flour
1 tsp dried thyme
¾ tsp dried marjoram
1 beef bullion cube
½ tsp ground black pepper
2 bay leaves
1¾ cups Burgundy wine (or any full bodied red)(the rest of the bottle is for the chef - you!)

3 slices thick cut bacon, cooked crisp and drained
Noodles for serving - egg or shells

Put everything into the slow cooker, except the bacon and noodles.
Toss to combine thoroughly.
Set on low and find something to do for eight hours or so. Stir every couple of hours, if you are home.

Later that day,
Make your noodles and bacon.
When ready to serve - add bacon to the stew and stir. Season to taste if desired.
Serve on hot noodles.
Have seconds, it's really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment