Pages

.

October's Secret Recipe Club - Avocado Dressing, and Balsamic Vinaigrette

Here's to another month of The Secret Recipe Club! This is my fourth time participating... my first month I brought you some tasty Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Avocado Bacon Dressing. In August, I opted for a dessert... Chocolate Chip Pecan Blondies. And for September, another dessert, and my first time making Molten Lava Cakes. All fantastic picks!

This month, I was assigned the wonderful blog, Get Healthy with Heather... which I so need to do lol! It was fun perusing over her healthy recipes. I was intrigued by her vegan recipes, and many recipes that called for recipes that I'd never heard of before. I finally decided on two dressing recipes, because I like the idea of making my own dressing and controlling what ingredients are going into it. I chose her Avocado Dressing, and her Balsamic Vinaigrette.


I'm obsessed with avocados, and PJ is too, so we both enjoyed the avocado dressing. I decided to add a dash or two of hot sauce to cut the tartness. It added just a hint of spicy that we both liked. And we were nervous about using raw garlic in the dressing at first, but after a quick google search I felt comfortable knowing that eating pureed raw garlic is perfectly fine  :)  

























This avocado dressing works great as an actual salad dressing, as a dip, or a spread on any sandwich or taco/burrito.
















Avocado Dressing
slightly adapted from Get Healthy with Heather
  • 1 avocado
  • 1.5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • a dash or two of hot sauce
Combine all ingredients in a blender and whirl until smooth. 

Printable Recipe



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The balsamic vinaigrette was tasty as well. I could always use more onions though, that's just me. Next time I'd maybe up the red onion amount to, say, two tablespoons instead of one, which I reflected in the recipe below. We also added a pinch or two of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

























Balsamic Vinaigrette
ever so slightly adapted from Get Healthy with Heather
  •  1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2.5 tbsp dijon mustard
  • 2 tbsp red onion, minced
  • pinch or two of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bottle. Shake until combined.

Printable Recipe
 

























So yay for more dressings to add to the repertoire! And once again, it was so much fun being in The Secret Recipe Club this month, as well as getting to know Heather through her wonderful blog :) Hopefully some of her healthy habits have worn off on me!




Peace, and bacon grease!


No comments:

Post a Comment