Pages

.

Avocado Bacon and Eggs


I am on FIRE this week with posting!! This never happens. Must be something about this week. All the love in the air, maybe?

Brenda has started The Eating the Alphabet challenge back up! The letters this month were A or B. I chose A for avocado. But is it a fruit or vegetable? Wikipedia says it's a fruit, but I've always thought of it as a vegetable. What do I know?






















By now, you guys know I'm a breakfast girl. 

Yeah, I may be eating it at noon on a weekend "morning" but nonetheless, I love my breakfast. 







You know what else I love just as much as breakfast? Avocados. Crazy how I used to be so scared of that green stuff that now makes my life so worth living. Yeah, I live a boring life  :)

























So this right here is some of my favorite things all together in one recipe. I can satisfy my love of breakfast food, specifically BACON, and my love of avocado all at once. 

Not gonna lie, getting that egg to stay in the avocado hole can be a little frustrating. Make sure to dig a deep enough hole that the whole egg can sit in without spilling over. I didn't wanna scoop out too much avocado because I was scared there wouldn't be enough in the finished product! But next time I'd definitely scoop out some more because there was still plenty of avocado.  I also used my usual large eggs  and next time would try it with medium eggs to see if that helps it fit in the avocado better without spilling over.

 
















Avocado Bacon and Eggs
from California Avocado
  • 1 large avocado
  • 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
  • 2 eggs
Cut the avocado in half. Scoop out the avocado so the hole matches the size of your eggs to prevent spillage. Crack an egg into each half of the avocado, resting the edge of the avocado on the side of the cookie sheet to help keep the avocado steady. Top with bacon crumbs and place in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your likings. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Printable Recipe 






















What a fantastic blend of salty from the bacon, and creamy from the avocado, with a little runny yolk from the egg. And I liked the warm avocado, it was a nice change from the cool that I usually associate with avocado.

Probably making this again this weekend. It's that good. Would I lie to you?





  
Peace, and bacon grease!





No comments:

Post a Comment