Pages

.

Spicy Chipotle Barbecue Sausages

 
Happy weekend to ya!


















Last night my friend Sheryl and I went to Ambar for dinner, yum!! (I'll review soon). It was good stuff, plus I got to spend time with my girl, that's always fun. Then today PJ and I have been hanging out at home lounging, cleaning, and watching UFC shows getting ready for the UFC fight tonight. 

Oh, and making an app for the big game tomorrow. I wanted to make a lot more this week but time got away from me, but I was determined to make at least one more today. 


















That's where these lil guys come in.

I'm sure you've seen a version of these some way or another at a party of some sort or on the internet. The sweetness from the raspberry and the heat from the chipotles make these little sausage appetizers a hit in any home. Be sure to use seedless preserves (if that exists) or jam because seeds, well I hate them.

Spicy Chipotle Barbecue Sausages
adapted from MyRecipes and Betty Crocker 

*Yields: 6-7 servings
  • 1 14-oz package of Hillshire Farms Lit'l Smokies
  • 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves or jam
  • 2 chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
  • 1 tablespoon adobo sauce

    In a large pot, mix all ingredients. Heat to boiling over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Mix in water if sauce is too thick.

    Serve on platter with sauce poured on top or served on the side.


    Printable Recipe




     













    You've still got time to make these for the Superbowl tomorrow, and if not they are perfect for any party, potluck, or gathering. Just put a toothpick in each one and make it so easy for your guests to grab one. And the kids will love them too, you may need to adjust the chipotle amount but what kid doesn't like little sausages? These are for kids and adults alike.

    Hope you're all enjoying your weekends. I'm off Monday :)

    Peace, and bacon grease!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment