Pages

.

Tex-Mex Pinto Bean Spread

This weekend is the Super Bowl, friends! 



























I'm super excited! My Bengals, Broncos (love you, Peyton), and Patriots (love you, Brady) aren't in it, but I'll still be watching.

 























And eating of course. 


























Cuz let's face it. For foodies like myself, The Super Bowl is an appetizer fest!


 























So this week I'll be bringing you some appetizer recipes for you to get your Super Bowl on.

Because I love you like that  :)

But for now, for now it's all about this pinto bean dip.

























Tex-Mex Pinto Bean Spread
from My Recipes
  • 1 (15-oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 jalapeño pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped tomato 
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, toasted (optional)
Place first 6 ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Place bean mixture in a bowl. Stir in chopped tomato, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds if desired.

Printable Recipe



 















You can use this as a dip, or as a spread! After dipping tortilla chips and crackers in it, we had some leftover to spread onto flour tortillas for chicken tacos. 

Mayyyyyyyybe don't use as many pumpkin seeds as I did. I went a bit overload.






Peace, and bacon grease!



No comments:

Post a Comment