Pages

.

Chipotle Salsa

Earlier this week I promised you Superbowl recipes, and I'm back to deliver. I don't break a promise.



After making some amazing Crab and Chipotle Aioli Deviled Eggs last week, I had some leftover chipotles to use. Can't let those go to waste.

 
























And I knew I wanted to make some apps for snacking during the Superbowl, so Chipotle Salsa only seemed right.























I'm not a huge fan of the jarred salsas. But homemade salsa has opened my eyes to the beauty of a good salsa.



























Now I just gotta learn how to make it look all pretty and salsa-y. Next time we make this I'll be sure to take another picture as my salsa-photographing skills need some work. I think I need a new food processor, one that doesn't only hold like a cup of ingredients and therefore doesn't really chop like it's supposed to. It's on the list.


























Chipotle Salsa
from Eclectic Recipes on the Betty Crocker site 
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt's fire roasted tomatoes, undrained 
  • 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (from a 7-oz can)  
  • 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves 
  • tortilla chips or Sour Cream and Onion Doritos for dipping   
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is soft. Add Roma tomatoes and cook 4 to 5 minutes. 

Stir in the canned tomatoes and chipotle chiles. Heat to boiling; then reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat; cool slightly.

Place the salsa and cilantro in a food processor or blender. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until cilantro is finely chopped. Transfer to serving bowl. Serve salsa with tortilla chips.


Printable Recipe


























How do you guys like your salsa? Spicy? Chunky? Liquidy? 

All of the above?

I thought so.


Peace, and bacon grease!

No comments:

Post a Comment