Pages

.

Peanut Butter Ice Cream

This girl got an ice cream maker for Christmas!

From my love. He knows me so well. Well actually I just gave him a list of everything I wanted and where to get it so I did make it pretty easy for him. But still, he knows me so well :) 

I HAD to get started with some ice cream recipes as soon as I got it. I ordered some ice cream cookbooks, The Perfect Scoop and Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book Then I had PJ pick out the first recipe I'd make in my brand new PINK Cuisinart ice cream maker.

He chose.... drum roll please....

Peanut Butter Ice Cream!


















 Ok then, I got this.

The recipe was easy enough. No eggs, very basic. Anyone can do it, really. Who knew ice cream could be this easy??


















I was in total awe when I checked after about 10 minutes in the ice cream maker and it was already the consistency of ice cream. Those things are magic, I tell you.

I need to learn the art of ice cream scooping though. With time, friends, with time.
 

 





















Peanut Butter Ice Cream
from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz
  • 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 and 2/3 cups half-and-half
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
Puree the peanut butter, sugar, half-and-half, salt, and vanilla in a blender or food processor until smooth.

Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions

Printable Recipe


















More ice cream recipes coming your way soon!!

Linking up here.

Peace, and bacon grease!


No comments:

Post a Comment