Pages

.

Tequila Marinated Grilled Chicken + Guacamole Tacos


You know how I said I love avocados and I'm making up for lost time

Yeah, that's why almost all of my recent posts have included avocados. You're welcome. 





























Well I'm also a sucker for almost anything grilled! Grilled meats. Grilled sides. Grilled desserts. I'm convinced grilling makes all things better.


















Same goes for alcohol. Alcohol makes all things better. Desserts, my weekends, and even marinades.

So put it all together and we've got some of my fave things ever. Avocados. Grilled goodness. And alcohol. 

Have I sold you on this yet? If I haven't, it's also Mexican - tacos and guac. All those reasons are why I loved this dish so much.




































Tequila Marinated Grilled Chicken + Guacamole Tacos
adapted from Cuizoo

Marinade:
  • 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
  • 1/4 cup agave nectar
  • 1/4 cup tequila
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
  • juice and zest of two limes
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped   
  • freshly ground black pepper 
Guacamole:
  • 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • juice of half a lime
  • 1/4 cup red onion, diced
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
 For Tacos:
  • soft flour tortillas
  • sour cream
  • shredded monterey jack cheese      
  • diced red onions
In a large bowl or baking dish, whisk together the marinade ingredients except for the chicken thighs. Place the chicken thighs in the marinade and turn to coat. Marinade for at least an hour.

Grill chicken thighs over indirect heat for 15-20 minutes or until done. Remove, let rest, and slice into strips.

In a bowl, mash together the guacamole ingredients. Build your own tacos with grilled chicken, guacamole, sour cream, diced onions, and cheese.

Printable Recipe



Oh and in case you're wondering, the marinated grilled chicken alone is divine. So tender and so flavorful. I could eat that for dinner all on it's own.

I'm joining along in the Spiked! Recipe Challenge. You should too! We bake/cook with a different alcohol every two months. So naturally this is like, the best challenge ever!




Peace, and bacon grease!



No comments:

Post a Comment