Pages

.

Caramel Yogurt Dip

healthy caramel apple dip

Everyone wants what they can’t have.

That guy who liked me for two years in high school? I took his phone calls, notes, and attention for granted, only becoming interested in him after he finally gave up and asked out another girl.

Healthy Caramel Sauce

Likewise, I never gave caramel a second thought until 7th grade when the braces went on, which warranted forbidden all things sticky and sweet. I suddenly found myself craving caramel like crazy, and no amount of chocolate consumption would alleviate this desire. (I did cheat a few times—come on, didn’t everyone?—both with caramel and chewing gum.)

The day the braces disappeared, I bought a container of Marzetti caramel dip and polished off the entire thing with Fuji apple slices, another restriction on the metal-mouth diet. I’ve been a caramel lover ever since.

apple

Yogurt replaces the heavy cream in this healthier caramel dip without all the fat, calories, corn syrup, and artificial ingredients. The result is a lusciously thick dip perfect for sliced apples, bananas, graham crackers, pretzels, pineapple, or anything else you wish came covered in caramel.

It also tastes amazing served over ice cream or my recipe for Apple Enchiladas.

healthy caramel apple dip

(makes about a cup)

1 container plain yogurt of choice (such as So Delicious) (170g)1/8 tsp salt2 tbsp agave or pure maple syrup (30g)1/4 cup coconut brown sugar or regular brown sugar, sucanat, or date sugar (30g)1 tsp pure vanilla extract

In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients except vanilla extract. Slowly bring to a boil, then stir for about a minute until the sugar is all dissolved. (You might be able to do this in the microwave, but I’ve not tried.) Remove from the heat, stir in vanilla extract, and allow to cool.

Note: readers have reported that certain brands of yogurt can’t be boiled so instead you might want to simply combine all ingredients together without heating.

View Nutrition Facts

apple

Question of the Day:

Have you ever wanted something you couldn’t have?

Other examples I can think of in my life include my sister’s gorgeous wavy hair, my best friend’s perfectly tanned skin, and pretty much everything at Anthropology. (Technically I could buy the $200 dresses at Athropology; but it wouldn’t be very responsible of me. Instead I usually skip going in altogether. I know myself too well.)

Link of the Day:

vegan chili
………………………Easy Vegetarian Chili

var linkwithin_site_id=359957;var linkwithin_div_class="linkwithin_hook";Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment