Pages

.

Jalapeno Poppers

 














I love fried jalapeno poppers. And I guess that is what I am discovering about myself. I wasn't a fan of the raw jalapeno pepper used in this recipe. I would much rather it be fried in a batter. I know, that sounds so unhealthy and fatty, right? I enjoy the crunch from the fried batter. I did, however, LOVE the filling mixture. I could eat that in heaping spoonfuls and that would be enough. But I think I would love to find a recipe for deep fried jalapeno poppers with this similar filling, or come up with one on my own! I'm not very good at that though... coming up with recipes on my own. I like to modify recipes, but I usually need some kind of base recipe. Maybe that's because I haven't been cooking long enough. I'm not sure, but I am sure that one day I'll be comfortable enough to know what ingredients are necessary to make certain dishes. I'm getting better already, just not where I want and hope to be eventually!

Moving on from the self-empowerment.... and on to these poppers.

First, you wanna slice open each jalapeno popper lengthwise, and take out as many seeds as you would like. The more you leave in, the more heat. I took out most of my seeds, because I was a wuss.
















In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, lime juice, corn, bacon, and cayenne pepper. Like I said, I could (and did) eat this mixture on its own.



















Then you wanna fill those peppers up with that delightful filling. Go on, fill up those lil jalapeno pepper boats, dividing the mixture evenly amongst them all. Then sprinkle some panko bread crumbs on top. For some crispiness.


















Bake (or grill) until peppers are tender. Look at the crunchy, browned panko coating!




















Jalapeno Poppers
adapted from Better Than Burgers
  • 10 whole fresh jalapenos
  • 4 oz. chive and onion cream cheese (half of an 8 oz. pkg)
  • 1/2 tbsp lime juice
  • 1/2 cup frozen corn
  • 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • Cayenne pepper
  • Panko bread crumbs, for topping
Cut the peppers lengthwise making a boat, taking out as many seeds as you like (with gloves). In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, lime juice, corn, bacon and cayenne pepper together, stirring well. Fill the peppers with the mixture, then sprinkle panko bread crumbs on top. Bake at 450 degrees (or grill them) until peppers are tender, about 5 minutes at first and then checking them every few minutes after that.

Printable Recipe

 


















I wish I enjoyed the jalapeno peppers more, but I sure did love that filling. It's nice to discover things about myself along my cooking journey. I guess I won't be making any stuffed pepper recipes, or non-fried jalapeno recipes anymore. It does feel good to know what I like. Hey, it's me. Everyone is different. If you are a fan of non-fried jalapenos or peppers, you may love this recipe! That's the magic of food... there's always something for everyone. An opinion is only one's own, so the best way to know for sure if you like something is to try it out for yourself. So go ahead and try these. Hey, if you don't like the jalapenos at least you get to eat the tasty corn and bacon mixture like me!

Linking to:
Tasty Tuesdays @ 33 Shades of Green

Peace, and bacon grease!

No comments:

Post a Comment