Pages

.

Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking

Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking
150 Delicious and Simple Recipes 
Anyone Can Master
by Lidia Matticchio Bastianich 
with Tanya Bastianich Manuali
Hardcover, 304 pages


What's your favourite kind of food? Italian is always at the top of the list, no matter who you talk to. It's comforting food. It's seriously delicious. And it doesn't have to be complicated.

Lidia offers up the teachings of the family table. Basic lessons and recipes that, had you a nonna or two, you would have learned in  the kitchen.

I don't know about you, but I have always wanted a nonna of my own. Now at least I have the helpful hints in this book such as How to choose an eggplant, and Polenta wisdom. I can forgive my parents for not being Italian. I have this book. 

It has 150 delicious and simple recipes and 63 full colour photographs. Plus all sorts of tips and tricks to make your time in the kitchen fun and relaxed.

So come on, let's get cooking Italian!


From Lidia's Blog: You all know I’m a teacher at heart, and my new book lays out a comprehensive curriculum of cooking tips–from the cutting board to the kitchen table.  These are lessons I learned from my mother, Erminia (above), and her mother, Nonna Rosa, and now I’m passing them on to you in the form of 150 simple, seasonal recipes.


Chapters Include:
The Wisdom of the Table
Appetizers
Salads
Soups
Sauces
Vegetables and Sides
Pastas, Polenta, and Risottos
Fish
Meat
Desserts


 Tutti a tavola a mangiare!


Photo credit: Marcus Nilsson
Authors

LIDIA MATTICCHIO BASTIANICH is the author of eight previous cookbooks, five of which have been accompanied by nationally syndicated public television series. She is the owner of the New York City restaurant Felidia, among others, and she gives lectures on Italian cuisine throughout the country. She lives on Long Island, New York.

TANYA BASTIANICH MANUALI received her PhD in Renaissance art history from Oxford University. In 1996 she started Esperienze Italiane, a travel company that arranges food, wine, and art tours to Italy. She also coauthors cookbooks with her mother, Lidia; manages Lidia's product line; and serves as the cultural and art consultant for the art series. She lives on Long Island, New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment