Pages

.

Graham Cracker S'mores Candy {Week 6 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats!}

We're halfway through the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats challenge. That means Christmas isn't too far away! 



 














 I'm kinda on a s'mores kick lately. I made some S'mores Fudge.

Then I used my leftover graham crackers to make some Graham Cracker Candy.

Now I'm back with something similar. 






















But not.

It's Graham Cracker S'MORES Candy this time 'round.



















I used more than 12 graham crackers so didn't put an exact amount in the recipe. It did take 12 whole graham crackers, plus I added in smaller pieces to completely cover the bottom of the pan. I left out the chocolate chips because, well, when I was in the middle of making this I noticed I didn't have them. When do I not have chocolate chips in the house?!? Insane, I know. But include them if you like. I don't think it necessarily needs them.

It still tasted like s'mores heaven. 

 
















Graham Cracker S'mores Candy
slightly adapted from Bakergirl
  • Graham crackers (12+)
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 3 cups mini marshmallows
  • 4 Hershey bars, broken into pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang over the ends, and spray foil with cooking spray. Line graham crackers up on the foil evenly and cover the bottom of the pan.

In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth and mixture comes just to a boil (about 4-6 minutes). Remove from heat and pour evenly over crackers. Bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until bubbly.
Remove pan from oven and immediately sprinkle mini marshmallows and chocolate bar pieces over the graham crackers. Return pan to oven for another 3-5 minutes, or until marshmallows begin to soften and puff up. 

Cool completely. Lift from pan using foil edges. Cut into bars to serve.








Check out all of the other treats in the linky below!
















 
Linking up here.


Peace, and bacon grease!

No comments:

Post a Comment