Pages

.

Peanut Butter Crunch Balls


Hey friends. I've been M.I.A. in June on the blog, but this week I've done a couple posts already and I think I'm back on track. For now, anyway.



































For this month's Surprise Recipe Swap, I was assigned to Krista's blog, A Handful of Everything.  


HungryLittleGirl










She's got some great recipes in her archive... all kinds of breads, desserts, and main dishes! It was hard to narrow it down, what with recipes like Sweetheart Strawberries and Cream Scones, Homemade Pretzel Rolls, and Ham and Cheese Pretzel Bites. But her Peanut Butter Balls really screamed at me.


































I loved the sweetness of the peanut butter and chocolate. And the rice krispies added a nice crunch. These were delicious! 





























Peanut Butter Crunch Balls
adapted from A Handful of Everything
  • 2 and 1/2 cups Rice Krispies (I used chocolate Rice Krispies)
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 and 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 12 oz bag of chocolate candy melts (I used Wilton's)
In a large bowl, combine the Rice Krispies and powdered sugar. 

In a saucepan, melt the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Remove from heat and immediately pour into the sugar/Rice Krispies mixture.  Using a large spoon mix well until an even consistency. 

Line a baking sheet with wax paper.  Form teaspoon-size balls (mine were bigger!). The mixture will be kind of crumbly so just squeeze them a few times, roll them between your palms and into a ball shape.  After you have used up all your mixture, place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour or until firm.

Melt your chocolate in a microwavable bowl according to package directions, mixing well. Dip the chilled peanut butter balls into the chocolate.  Using a spoon, roll it around completely coating it with chocolate and then and place it back on the wax paper to set. Pop them in the freezer to help them set quicker.

Printable Recipe





































You know that little bit of goodness that stays in the pot after you've scraped out what you could? I may or may not have eaten that melted butter and peanut butter straight from the pot. What? I couldn't let that go to waste. Can you blame me?

Make these! 

Check out the full roundup here



Linking up here.  


Peace, and bacon grease!


No comments:

Post a Comment